Saturday, September 19, 2015

Pioneer SX-950



Pioneer SX-950 Receiver

This whole week at AudioFlipper will be dedicated to probably my most lucrative flip ever. It involved several transactions, several fellow gear heads, money, gear, and a whole lot of fun.

And all of it over this incredible Pioneer SX-950 that I picked up at a thrift store when you could still find such things. Admittedly, it was flawless and I pretty much pooped when I found it. It is doubtful that I will ever see a finer example of either a Pioneer "50 Series" or "80 Series" receiver; but when you flip gear, sometimes somebody makes you an offer that you just can't refuse. Sometimes it happens twice within the framework of one "deal" as this week's blogs will bear out.

Some more shots of this incredible silver beast.





For me it was fairly "disposable" because I have a 1280 in the collection, but if I'm honest, it doesn't look as minty as this 950 did.

No comments:

Post a Comment